Our Mission: Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary School dedicates itself to education in the Catholic tradition, which places emphasis upon moral and spiritual formation and seeks excellence in academic pursuit, personal development, the building of the spirit of the community and service to others as Jesus taught.
Our Catholic Identity: Nativity nurtures the following qualities in our students as they mature to Catholic adulthood:
- A strong sense of personal faith and prayer
- Religious knowledge
- An understanding of Catholic morality
- Community membership
- Commitment to the Eucharist as central to life as a Catholic
- Dedication to service and ministry to others
- Living out one's faith in the world
- Only in Catholic schools are such things possible. Only in Catholic schools can our children’s faith flourish every day.
Religious Curriculum: The Diocese of Buffalo requires all Catholic schools to implement the Diocesan Religion Curriculum which presents an authentic and relevant presentation of the Catholic faith, faithful to the standards and mandates of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB). This allows students of all grade levels to be challenged and grow as persons and believers in today’s world. In our Catholic schools, Christian values are incorporated into all aspects of the curriculum.
The Diocesan Elementary Religion Curriculum contains the essential content of Catholic doctrine to be taught at each grade level. Each grade level includes a list of vocabulary words, prayers, and saints that students at each level should have mastered.
Both within and beyond the classroom student take part in the following:
- Daily Prayer
- Sacramental Program
- Weekly Mass
- Virtues and Values Lessons
- Stations of the Cross
- Prayer Services
- May Crowning
- Religious Assemblies
Nativity exemplifies Christ's teachings by assisting those in need and inspiring life long service.
- Catholic Charities
- Food Drive for the Food Bank
- Walk-a-Thon for Haiti
- Adopt-a-Family program at Christmas
- Preparing meals for families in need
- Thank you cards to servicemen and women
- Electronics Recycling
- Pet Supply Drive
- Monetary collections for local charities
- Book collection for children in need