- 3 Year Old Program (Tuesdays & Thursdays)
- Mornings (8:30 AM – 11:00 AM) or Afternoons (11:45 AM - 2:15 PM)
- 4 Year Old Program (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday)
- Mornings (8:30 AM – 11:30 AM) or Full Day (8:30 AM - 2:15 PM)
- 4 and 5 Year Kindergarten Readiness Program (Monday – Friday)
- Full Days (8:30 AM - 2:15 PM)
- Early drop-off/morning care from 7:30 AM – 8:00 AM is available for Pre-K and K Readiness students through our Before School Program
PRE-K PROGRAMS FOR 3 & 4 YEAR OLDS
Nativity's Pre-K is a developmental program that offers time and space for " young children to be children". Students are encouraged and supported in a Christian atmosphere to explore, imagine and discover the world around them. Classes are designed to lead children from wonder to discovery and from investigation to affirmation. We provide an opportunity for all students to associate pleasure with learning so that they can grow and develop self-confidence in a warm and positive environment.
Our Pre-K programs are designed to provide the young child with a comfortable and inviting transition from home to school. Our classrooms are designed with a variety of interesting centers. Children choose from activities which include creative expression, blocks, water, sand, books, dramatic play and manipulative materials. Students begin their day with "circle time" where they are gathered together for themed lessons and daily religion, calendar, weather,ABC and activities enriched with song, games and stories. Our focus is on learning how to learn instead of what to learn. We learn through play and we are developmentally age appropriate.
KINDERGARTEN READINESS PROGRAM
Our Kindergarten Readiness classroom will give your child an excellent "head start" as they prepare for Kindergarten. Children receive integrated instruction across all areas of the curriculum (pre-reading and writing, math science, social studies, and religion) in addition to attending daily specials (art, music, computers and PE). A thematic approach is used in designing all lessons and daily activities. A variety of rich and positive experiences are provided to assist in developing happy and confident learners.
A typical day in the classroom allows for structured and unstructured activities including circle time, center learning, free play, and large and small group work on individual skills across all areas of instruction.
- Spiritual: To provide a happy and loving environment that nurtures growth, respect for self and others and an awareness of God's loving presence.
- Physical: To provide each child the opportunity and means to develop in small and large motor skills.
- Social/Emotional: To provide each child with a warm supportive and nurturing environment that builds confidence and trust and encourages active participation.
- Cognitive: To provide a rich environment of activities based on concrete and hands on materials.