Learn about STREAM at NBVM, click here:
To learn more about how we handle allergies during our STREAM academies, please click here: ALLERGY POLICY
WHAT IS THE STREAM INITIATVE?
STREAM is the diocesan investment to support the future of Catholic education in WNY. The diocese has designed and will continue to help fund and implement the STREAM Education Initiative for those schools that apply and are accepted into the program. It was recently rated top in the country at the 2106 NCEA STREAM Symposium 2.0.
STREAM INITIATIVE GOALS:
- Reflect the diocesan commitment to academic excellence as outlined in “Faith in Tomorrow”
- Update educational programming to reflect 21st century learning
- Promote interdisciplinary, dynamic and relevant student learning
- Increase our investment in professional development to invigorate our teaching professionals
- Emphasize collaboration within and among our diocesan schools
WHAT IS STREAM?
- STEM + Religion + the Arts = STREAM
IS STREAM EDUCATION LIKE STEM EDUCATION?
- STREAM is the necessary evolution of best practices in STEM Education
- Science +Technology + Religion + Engineering + the Arts + Mathematics = STREAM
- STEM Education emphasizes the progression of interdisciplinary studies in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math; STREAM EDUCATION also incorporates the creativity and expression of the Arts and our faith as integral components of a 21st century Catholic education.
WHAT IS STREAM LIKE IN THE CLASSROOM?
- Lessons based on STREAM principals promote a higher level of critical thinking skills and a deeper understanding of content materials because concepts are reinforced across multiple subject areas
- STREAM activities are hands-on; projects based, and have relevant application in the real world
- It inspires teachers to include and develop 21st century instructional strategies at every grade level
- STREAM takes learning outside the traditional classroom experience through customized field trips and dynamic, interactive outreach programming in collaboration with our professional community partners
STREAM is not a new curriculum, but rather a framework for impactful instruction and meaningful learning.
Stream Coordinator: Rose O'Brien email@example.com